Tuesday 19 August 2008

Shower

I don't often take a shower in the middle of the day. When I've taken one after getting out of bed, I am not too inclined to take one again a few hours later. However, today was different.

When I got to work this morning I saw I had to take one of those articulated buses in stead of my usual coach. I wasn't too happy about it, especially since it wouldn't move after starting it! But I finally got it to leave the garage and off I went! Not even three miles later a light came on. It was the coolant light, so it was fairly important. I drove back to the garage and opened the coolant tank. I was being blonde both outside and in! The minute I opened the tank, the (hot) coolant just went everywhere, but mostly on my uniform. My clean uniform!

After not being able to do anything (the coolant tank was full), I got the cap back on and with a soaking shirt I got back behind the wheel, stinking to high heaven! I did my round, picking up all the high school students, albeit a quarter of an hour late. But after I had finished that I couldn't even go home, since I had to change the bus. Which I was happy about, because the flashing coolant light was getting on my nerves...

The minute I got home, I just had to take a shower, because by then everything was smelly and stinky. Now I have another problem. I wore my only pair of trousers this morning. I have two other pairs, but a few weeks ago, I burst out of both of them. And no, they weren't too small, I just made some wrong moves loading suitcases on the coach. So now I am wearing my jeans to work this afternoon and my just washed pair of uniform trousers will go into the machine again tonight! (I do have four other pairs, but they are with a seamstress, since they were made for someone who probably is a foot taller than I am)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!