Tuesday 12 May 2009

Relax!


I couldn't get to sleep last night. I tossed and turned, pondered, thought, worried and lay awake for over an hour before finally drifting off. And the reason? Work. Of course!

Last week I had a bad night due to my trip to London, last night was bad due to my upcoming trip to Avignon (South of France). Because of the distance (over 1100 km) mostly. In Europe we have so-called driving laws. You almost need a degree in mathematics to completely understand, but basically I'm not allowed to do more than 10 hours driving a day. And at a maximum speed of 100 km per hour... You can do the math! The maximum you can do on your own in one day without any massive delays is around 800 km. But everything has to run as smooth as a baby's behind!!

So my night was spent wondering how I was going to cover over 1100 km. I needn't have worried: today the arrangements were made. On Thursday I drive down to Luxemburg and on Friday I take over from my colleague and drive all the way to the South of France.

Tonight I will sleep soundly, knowing that the trip cannot be properly researched anyway (no information whatsoever). I will take my maps, I will take my navigation system and I will enjoy myself in the French sun.

3 comments:

  1. Have a great trip. I'm glad your problem is solved. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like a tough profession,for which you need to attend university. I wish you good luck. I always admire you busdrivers for the security you give us when we travel on a coach. I have always felt safe and comfortable, when I travel by coach. Thanks for the visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can understand how that would have been a puzzle for you.

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!