Monday 7 June 2010

Stuff

Debby at 'Just Breathe' had several questions put to her and I loved those questions. So, I've decided to answer them as well.

If you could interview anybody in the world for your blog, who would you choose and why? She's not with us anymore, but I have recently started to be more and more interested in my grandmother's life. So, it would be her!

Can you remember your last dream? Nope, which is probably a good thing anyway...

Name three places you would like to go on holiday to. I would love to visit Japan, Africa and (surprise surprise) Canada.

What scares you the most? Not making the right choice regarding emigration. Would it be better to stay or should I go and find out if it is for me or not. Scary stuff...

What is your favourite book of all time? 'Pride and Prejudice' by Jane Austen. You can't go wrong with that one.

What's the funniest film you've ever seen? I remember the first time I saw 'Spaceballs' (Mel Brooks), I nearly wet myself laughing.

Where are your kids right now? Thinking of my monsters as my kids: Sophie and Mathilda are indoors, Wuppie is on the garden table and Linette is who-knows-where!

What was the last thing you ate? Mmm, a Magnum mini ice cream. Two of them.

Are you usually late, early or right on time? It depends on what I have to do. Catching the bus: early. Starting the schoolrun: right on time to late. Visiting friends or family: always on time (even if I am late).
What is your favourite band or singer? I love Dolly Parton, even though I don't own any of her records. Than there's a Dutch male singer: Boudewijn de Groot who I think is great. The Youtube video is of Gentry Bronson doing an English version of one my favourite songs. I believe I believe I believe I believe I believe in you and me....

4 comments:

  1. Dolly Parton?
    Gosh.
    Really?
    Gosh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first time I moved far away (only 700 miles), I was 40. It was very hard especially when I talked to family on the phone (They sounded so close). But I stuck with it by telling myself that A) The pioneers did it and they didn't have electricity or running water and B) If I had to I could always fly (or drive) back.

    That was 14 years ago. Oh yeah, and the only person I knew here was the real estate lady who sold me this place.

    I am so glad that I did it. Kentucky has been a wonderful choice for me. Canada will probably be the same for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting stuff!

    I can remember my last dream, because I woke from it this morning and it was disturbing. Why is it, that throughout my adult life, I've had recurring dreams of being at school (usually with people from my life now, as opposed to people who I was really at school with) and I'm always late for something? It's an anxiety dream, isn't it? LOL!

    I liked Spaceballs, but I won't list it as the funniest ever. I'd have to think about that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome that you did this. My son went to Japan with his girlfriend last year and the pictures were awesome. I think you decision is a very hard one to make. Spaceballs was pretty funny, I agree. That's a very nice song.

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!