Wednesday 28 November 2012

T is for...

Tornado

When I went to Canada in October of 2011, I had to change planes in Chicago. I had to wait a long time. A very long time! And when I have to wait, I get bored and start looking around me. And this is what I found: the sign for 'severe weather' and the little picture of a tornado.

I have seen some bad weather in my time: a green and yellow sky heralding a massive thunderstorm, snow storms, rain and wind storms, but fortunately I have never seen or been in a tornado! Now, the most famous person ever caught up in a tornado was of course Miss Galen (Dorothy to her friends) and her little dog Toto, as told by Frank L Baum.

This was the letter T for ABC Wednesday. Why not join?

5 comments:

  1. Oh dear, you have been busy! Moving house is always hectic, let alone emigrating to a foreign country like Norway.
    Taking leave of your parents, friends and colleagues must be difficult too. Not to mention your two cats. But there must be some hope that you can have your cats with you after a while. At least that's what you told us. Well I read your previous posts and I saw the work you had done before leaving.
    Now you are in Norway! I envy you! I wished my daughter lived in Norway instead of Australia.
    Good luck, Mara! I hope you'll love Norway as much as I do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No tornado in Haugesund yet ? We had a big storm 100 km/h. It whistled around the house !

    I just had a look on Google map to know where Haugesund is, and with street map I could see that it looks like a quiet nice town ! The surroundings make me think of the English countryside ! So green !

    ReplyDelete
  3. i just read Wicked and saw the musical.
    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete
  4. During tornado season, the towns around here test the tornado sirens on the first Tuesday of the month. I always have to look out of the window to make sure there's not really a tornado!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't worry, I've never heard of a tornado in Canada!

    Leslie
    abcw team

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!