Saturday 25 May 2013

Day 2

The first call of course: frikandel speciaal and...
Being on holiday is great fun. Especially if you have the use of one white little car that can whizz you anywhere in no time flat. Well, it takes a bit longer than that, but still. It's nice to have a car. 

Yesterday I used said little white car to whizz to my old hometown of Emmeloord. I needed to close some bank accounts and I wanted to pay a visit to my old hairdresser. Well, the bank accounts were closed and the visit was paid. But even though I wanted to have my hair cut and dyed there, it turned out that through some fault which was entirely my own, I didn't have enough money in my bank account and couldn't pay for it. I went back home.

patatje met.
After having sorted the bank account I finally made it to a Dutch (and therefore cheaper) hairdresser and had my hair cut and dyed. It looks great again and I am very happy with the colour. Photos to follow soon. 

Later that evening I had a small party with my former colleagues. I had instigated it and it was great fun. I arrived last and left first, but then again, I was the only one who had nearly 45 minutes drive to get home! All the others live quite local and in the case of one: was home!

It was great to see them again though. The old stories came out again, we talked about what everybody was up to, what I was up to and it was good fun. There was good drink and good food and I enjoyed the evening very much. I don't know when I will see them again, because I am not planning on returning to the Netherlands after this stay for quite a while. 

Anyway, that was day 2 of my holiday. Today my sister (who arrived yesterday from Outlandia) and I will go shopping. Get the stuff that is unobtainable or very expensive in either Northern Ireland or Norway. Do some window shopping as well. And then tonight a dinner with Pepperfly and C and of course my sister and me. 

Forget Jennifer Aniston, this year it's scarecrow!
Bring it on...

2 comments:


  1. Well I'm glad it takes a bit longer than 'no time flat' to get somewhere in that little white car. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You hair looks cute! So glad you got to spend time with your friends. Enjoy you time shopping with your sister. Like you I am looking forward to seeing my family in Florida in June!

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!