Monday 23 December 2013

Christmas

Last week was madness. Mayhem. Mental. Everybody and their aunt had decided to take the bus. Saying it was busy is probably an understatement. It was beyond busy. I am lucky I can't do the work of two! 

The shifts weren't that hard. Basically the same every morning and then something different during the afternoon. Easy enough to remember. But I missed my old job: get on in one place and a straight line to the other place. I was delayed every day due to the amount of people standing at every busstop. Or wanting to get off. Having to buy tickets, having questions, coming in with too much stuff. 

I knew exactly what I wanted to blog about. I wanted to blog about the perfect gift I got from the USA (Chicken Soup for the Soul: The Dating Game, thank you Ginny Marie), I wanted to blog about how my decorations were up, I wanted to blog about friends. But in the end, I just about managed to play a game of bingo or two on Facebook, before shutting my laptop again and watching television. 

I needed this weekend. I went Christmas grocery shopping, I did laundry, but other than that: nothing. A bit of food, a bit of drink, a lot of Christmas films. I tried to finish a cardigan I had started years ago, but in the end I made several mistakes (it's not easy counting to 100) and had to unravel the whole thing. 

I have to work today and then I will have three days off. I am so looking forward to it! 

3 comments:

  1. Klinkt zwaar vermoeiend. Fijn dat je morgen vrij bent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari oM
    I have been persuaded to go to the cinema tomorrow to see THE HOBBIT... I must be mad!!!! Never mind. Soon we'll be looking down the funnel of anther set of 12 months!!

    Enjoy those three days, Mara, but not so much that the fourth day hits you like bricks! With all love and blessings of the season, YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you have been very busy so enjoy your days off and have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!