Sunday 25 May 2014

Photo on Sunday 2014-16

Having a 'pusekatt' in the house means there are plenty of interesting things to explore inside. Yesterday I decided to give Oswin her first taste of the outdoors. Not loose, she will have to wait several more weeks for that, but I have a harness and some rope. 

A mixture of delight at being outside and terror because this thing was holding her back got me to take her in again after only a few minutes. We will try again soon though, because I could see that she would love to explore those trees and bushes. The bugs, the grass, the weeds, the birds. For now however, she will have to be content by sitting in the upstairs (warmest) window and watching from there.

9 comments:

  1. It's said that you have to keep your cat inside for at least 3 weeks before letting her explore the outsides ! When we moved I tried this with my cat, but she got it already in a week, but she was very special and more attached to me then to the garden ! But it's better not to take any risk. My cat was already 12 years old and made it up to 20 !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari OM
    OOOOHHHH she's so fluffeeeeee...... those eyes mean business too. Lucky you! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am almost tempted to dunk her in a bucket of water to see how big she really is. With the emphasis on almost!

      Delete
  3. She might be hard to keep in after having even that little taste.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One excited kitty!!!! You definitely want claws trimmed before any kind of dunk. And, please, set up a video camera for the dunking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ehm, dunk? What dunk? Are you referring to the upstairs window? That is a closed window, so no dunking from there.

      Delete
    2. It took a while, but I get your dunk reference. And if I ever do dunk her, I will try and video the thing.

      Delete
  5. When I moved with my cats, I would carry them (one at a time) outside and all around the new house, pausing often to show them the view, and particularly the location of doors and windows. Hermie caught on right away. Ava didn't like going out anyway.
    Hermie is the one on the left on my Facebook page. Ava is the slightly overweight one.
    :)
    Luv, K

    ReplyDelete
  6. New experiences can be scary......

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!