Sunday 29 June 2014

My Saturday

My Saturday passed as most of my Saturdays. With a few exceptions however. Because I made a husar salad, which is basically a potato salad with a few extra ingredients. It came out pretty well. I also made some coleslaw, since I had this white cabbage in my fridge doing nothing. It wasn't as finely chopped as it could have been, but it was quite good. Both will be made again.

*****
I let Oswin out for the first time. Unleashed and all. She loved it. All this garden to explore and discover. Bugs and butterflies and birds. Perhaps love is a bit of an understatement. Of course her enjoyment of the garden (and the field beyond) were greatly enhanced by one of the visitors I had (hence the salads). A girl of about 8 years old who played tirelessly with Oswin. The fish on the string is nearly dead and will have to be replaced. The ball fared a bit better, but I think I had better buy another one of those as well. 

*****
Now, those visitors were here partly to welcome them in Norway (they hail from Germanland and have been here about 8 months now) and partly to celebrate my upcoming birthday. When I had invited them, he had suggested a barbecue and since I do have one of those, I figured why not? As long as he did all the bbq stuff, I was fine with the idea. They brought the meat as well, so great! We spoke German for about an hour on top of that and it didn't go too bad. Nowhere near to the level I once had, but well enough for a first proper time anyway. 

*****
The bbq was cut short somewhat by some ominous looking clouds and even more ominous sounding thunder. We were hoping it would just blow over, but unfortunately it came closer and closer. So, in the end we moved everything indoors. Well apart from the bbq itself, which was manned by colleague until the meat was done. Even though it was already raining. In the end though, it looked more menacing than it actually was. Fortunately!

***** 
My very own Beauty!
After my guests had left again I watched Beauty and the Beast. I had seen the theatrical performance (in Dutch) way back, but had never seen the film. Apart from the fact that the Beast turned out to be quite a horrid looking prince, I thought the film was really good. It certainly was a good note to end a good day on.

5 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    Oh yummo - two of my fave salads!!! This looks like it was close to the perfect Saturday for sure... and lucky Oswin to find a little friend with as much energy as her own! If you are working tomorrow, take it easy out there; and may it be a good one...&*> nudge nudge wink wink... YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like it wa a good day for all, including the cat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful day, until the storm rolled in! We've been having quite a few storms, and our poor yard is quite waterlogged. Fortunately, no water in the basement like last year. I agree with you completely about the prince at the end of Beauty and the Beast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great day! Oswin is such a beauty. Love that first picture of her playing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you and Oswin had a great day. So glad you had a nice time with your visitors.

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!