Monday 22 June 2015

Three

Remember the exam I took a few weeks ago? Well, on Friday night I got a text message telling me that most grades were now in and I was to check the website to see whether mine was. Since I had already shut the computer down for the night, I didn't do so until Saturday morning however and once I did, I quickly found out that...

I didn't have a clue about whether I had passed or failed! My grade was a three, which if it would have been in the Netherlands, would have been very bad and a very big fail, since grades range from 1 (worst) to 10 (best) and you need at least 6 to pass. However...

Here in Norway they don't use that system. Over here they use 1 (worst) to 6 (best). But when do you pass? Turns out the only fail is 1, everything from 2 and above (apparently) is a pass. I had a 3, which means I am 'quite knowledgable'. It mightn't be the best, but then I hadn't expected that either. 

I knew I had made several mistakes, I had not mentioned any specific laws and such. I had miscalculated the distance and then the amount of time it took to drive said distance to a city in Norway. And even the way I wrote might have been a bit confusing, although they largely see through that apparently. 

The good news is however: I passed the theoretical part of my exam. Now there is only the practical side of it, which involves driving for real. Not really sure about how and when as yet, but I will let you know in due course!

PS: the photo at the top is not me at school, it is my Mum! Isn't she adorable??

12 comments:

  1. Congrats on passing! I love the picture of your mom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Isn't my mum the cutest in this photo?

      Delete
  2. Congrats. Yes, it's a sweet pic of your Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hari OM
    Oooohhhh your mum is adorable indeed! CONGRATS on the pass; that's all that counts and the learning after of what could be done better serves its purpose. I sense that the driving will be more your thing! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The driving is definitely more my thing. Going to school was very difficult, I found it very tiring, especially after a full day's work as well.

      Delete
  4. Congratulations Mara!
    Yes the photo of your mom is adorable, what a cutie pie.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your mom was a cute little pup.
    AND we say CONGRATULATIONS on passing and being KNOWLEDGEABLE !!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhhhh what a darling photo!!
    Congrats...on your 3. At least no more written tests...which mom hates.
    Driving will be the easy part.
    Hugs madi your bfff

    ReplyDelete
  7. What is the exam? I don't remember reading about it. Anyway congrats on passing the theory.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on passing the written exam!
    hugs
    Mr Bailey, Hazel & Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! And you appear to have many of your Mom's features.

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!