Thursday 28 April 2016

The list

I made a list on Tuesday night. A list of all the jobs I had/have to do before moving day on Saturday. But even if the list is long and I do occasionally cross things off, it seems as if I am adding more than I cross off. This morning however, a colleague came over to help me and managed to do all those niggly little things that just take time, like taking screws out and getting stuff out of the basement.

In the mean time the boxes are everywhere! And I mean everywhere!! Driving me nuts, but also giving me satisfaction. The colleague who came to help has now gone to get some low crates I can use for food and probably crockery. Which would be good, since I don't think I have enough boxes, what with having bought a few things since the big Move three and a half years ago. 

11 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    Ooh I both shudder and smile for you Mara dear... two and a half years later, I still cringe at the thought of house moving (yes I know mine was over continents too, but yours being just down the road doesn't make the packing any less!!!) So glad you had company for some of it! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They say that moving house is one of the most stressful things you can do! I think they might be right. But, I am slowly getting things done.

      Delete
  2. Moving is a big deal, and you didn't get much time. Don't forget to leave the water running when you go. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful friend you have. I hope all goes well the next two days. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I think I am on track. I still need some boxes for the remainder of my books. I still need boxes for my crockery and such and I still need something for my clothes, but other than that I am doing quite okay.

      Delete
  4. I have been following your moving saga a little bit on Facebook, and maybe the whole water debacle will actually turn out to be a good thing! Wishing you the best of luck in moving and then finding a new home in the country!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my word you do have a lot going on...I had no idea you had been w/o faucet drinking water for this long. My goodness.
    Good luck with your move and hugs to you and Miss Oswin
    Madi and mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. It will all come together. Just breathe!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't manage without making lists! Are you moving far?

    ReplyDelete
  8. A hand written list, impressive. I relied on an excel spreadsheet when we moved 2 1/2 years ago. Crazy times that lists help keep from being totally out of control.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Deep breathe.....it will all be over soon! So glad you have people to help you.

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!