Thursday 3 November 2016

A new project

I made this a long time ago
Parts of it will be made again
I know it is still nearly two months until Christmas is upon us, but some things just can't wait until the week before. Like making a Christmas wreath for my door. You might think that as a big fan of Christmas, I would have had one on my door every single year, but sadly that is not the case. The little red wooden cottage in the Norwegian countryside didn't quite live up to peaceful wreath on the door and staying on the door for however long I celebrate Christmas. 

But, I have decided I want a wreath this year and with my front door being inside, the weather can't stop me. I know exactly what kind of wreath I want as well. With frosted pine cones, holly, ivy, Christmas stockings, you name anything Christmassy, I most likely want it. And I will be making it all myself. Knitting and crocheting. Just because I have so much yarn in all colours and sizes and I really need to get rid of some. So, today I bought some more yarn. As you do...

A Christmas stocking
The new project is on the way and will hopefully be done sometime before Christmas 2016. I will keep you updated.

12 comments:

  1. Thats cute.
    We need your mailing in for for the card exchange. I cant seem to find it. Send to dcraftsalot@yahoo.com
    Need blog name
    blog addy
    animal name
    mailing address and your email addy
    Thanks
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari OM
    I have no doubt at all it will be successful and beautiful!!! Crikey though, only 7 weeks 3 days... eeeek. YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only??? Do you know how many days of school bus driving that is??

      Delete
    2. hehehehe...errr... oh dear. The black lining on the silver cloud! Yx

      Delete
  3. LOL! You bought more yarn. There is a saying among seamstress folks, she who dies with the most material wins! Sounds like it works for yarn, too. That wreath looks really Christmassy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ehm, let's not talk about material shall we? Because those drawers are filling up quite nicely as well...

      Delete
  4. We have faith in you!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Now if I can only stay away from the yarn and material shops...

      Delete
  5. I don't even think of Christmas yet ! Anyway son and DIL want money (very romantic) and the little one gets what his father wants from him. You see I am in a real Christmas mood ! Just want to skip it !

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm in love with the frosted pine cone!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun! I want a fall wreath for my door with fall leaves and twigs. I already have a pretty Christmas one, but it's a little too early to hang it!

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!