Monday 7 August 2017

Done!

Halfway through Sunday afternoon I was done with the second book. I then located the book I had printed last year (after our road trip through Eastern Europe) and then went on to the Blurb page. 

Oh yes, the files were the wrong size. How did I do that again? Half an hour later I had finally found out and had resized. Oh no, I hadn't. Try again. And again. Oh, bother, the front and back page should be in a different file. Start again. 

Finally, after about an hour of this, I had gotten to the next stage. Which proved to be an even bigger hurdle, since I really don't know what it's about! Something about enclosed font. I think. But my book was completely written in Candara. Nothing to do with Arial. Make sure everything is in Candara. Try again. Nope! 

In the end, with a head fit to bursting (FIGURATIVELY), I gave up and sent a 'help me in your simplest words' message to Blurb. An hour or so later I got the answer I needed and continued. But of course then the whole lay-out looked terrible. Instead of nice round photos, there were black borders.

More editing was needed and eventually (at 8pm), I gave up. Hopefully I will get it done today, because the books need to be ordered. 

Getting a book published is hard!

7 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    Yes. It's a headache...figuratively speaking! It will be worth the effort though. Of that I have no doubt. I think I didn't do any actual formatting in Word... left that till I got stuff into Blurb... but of course that publication is not yet finished and no where near getting - and may never be - printed so this point is academic! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be worth the effort, but I do need to get it done now. Once one is done however, the other one should be a doddle.

      Delete
  2. Oh Mara, this all sound waaaaay too complicated fur me!
    After all the work you've done you would hope this step would be the easy peasy bit
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! I hope you figure it all out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hard but it will be worth the effort!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like a lot of work! But I'm sure it will be worth it in the end!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, sorry about that! I do not like when things like that happen to me.

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!