Thursday 24 August 2017

The last bits and pieces

Well, not sure whether they are the last bits and pieces, but I think I have everything. I have the book my uncle loaned me, I have my walking shoes, my pills and my knitting. I did not forget the mice, nor my sister's picture. I even remembered to pack enough socks and underwear and yes, I brought some laundry as well, since I didn't have enough for a load here. 

I still have to go to the post office today (somebody ordered 2 mice last night, yippee) and swing by at work, since there is a package waiting there. I have to remember the perishables, but they will be last minute and then just before the actual drive starts, I have to fill the car up with petrol, so we don't get stranded on the first bit!

Brom (and Mouse) are looking forward to a great trip, although I think they are mainly looking forward to having a bed EACH tonight! I ordered a cabin on the night ferry, but all they had left was a four-person one with a sea view. Which means that we have a bed left over! 

Anyhoo, I don't know when we will be posting again, but be assured: we will have a great time!

7 comments:

  1. Bravo Mara you much anticipated exciting trip is about to begin and I know it will splendid w all your planning.
    OMCs mom saw your email about sleeping overnight on a ferry. Jumpin' catfish we didn't know you could do that. Mom's former boss was from Sweden. He often spoke of a ferry he took I think from Denmark to Sweden. He said it was quick as greased lightning but it on went a short distance
    Safe travel
    Hugs madi and mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your trip! We will be waiting to hear all about your adventure when you get back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you have a wonderful time and bring back lots of pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hari OM
    *schnigger* I heard about the two meeses along the cheeseline... &*P... Hope you are having a good trip and will be reading this whilst not driving. Jus' sayin'... YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have an old-fashioned phone that won't let me do anything but phone and send text messages!

      Delete
  5. Have a safe and wonderful trip. You sound ready. I didn't know that you could get a room on a ferry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful planner you are, Mara!

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!