Tuesday 10 April 2018

From the cupboard to the wall. And back again several times over!

Well, if you could hear me speak right now, you would hear an awful lot of curse words. Directed mainly at Emma! Because Emma said Miss O was allowed in the cabin. Which she is. From Haugesund to Oslo! After that however...

Yesterday I got a text message about two hours after making the booking for us all to fly out. Could I please ring them back, because of Miss O. So, I rang back to a Swedish number. Got put on hold. Rang off since I had to work. 

This morning I rang back to a Norwegian number. Got a Swede on the phone. Who told me that the UK and Ireland have separate rules and regulations and the only way Miss O was going to be able to travel was in a cargo plane! Far removed from a cabin!! After I had vented my anger and displeasure, he gave me a number of an Irish based company that moved animals. Ha! They no longer did business with SAS. 

I called the KLM in the Netherlands. Finally got some intelligent person on the phone (called Celeste, lovely woman) who explained in a language I actually understood and was very helpful. She gave me the number of a Netherlands based company that worked for them. Who got me a new number in Norway (which was in Sweden). They in turn got me a number in Denmark. Who got me two numbers: one was the Norwegian postal services and the other one was a company that used to work with SAS. Both duds!

By this time I was getting really grrrrr again. I decided to look on my own. I found a company (who worked with SAS according to their site), called them. They gave me a company in this area to call. Guess what they said: Yes, we can do that. We will try finding a solution and will send you an email as soon as possible. 

It will not be cabin traveling for a certain feline. I will just be happy if I get her over there! Oh, but she did get her rabies shot last night!!

11 comments:

  1. She is not getting the royal treatment that she so deserves. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hari OM
    Now that you mention, I did wonder... another blogpal was looking into coming over and had mentioned that they couldn't fly into London with cabin-pets, they had to go in hold... I'm wondering if this is all as cost effective as just driving and using the ferries? Though I guess Miss O might not like such prolonged confinement. Deary me. Sending positive thoughts for early and satisfactory resolution! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am thinking positive thoughts now. I have to, otherwise I would go stark raving mad!

      Delete
  3. Gosh, this is becoming a real saga, I do hope fur yours and Miss O's sake you manage to work through all this obstacles
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're sorry to hear that Miss O won't be able to fly with you in the cabin. Our paws are crossed that you find a good solution to this predicament soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My cousin Angus B. Terrier flew across the Ocean to be with his humans when they moved from the UK to North Carolina in the US. Not sure what airline they used or if they had any problems. I imagine it cost a lot of money though. Hopefully things will work out well for Miss Oswin. Moving is very stressful for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The probably had a bit more time to sort everything out!

      Delete
  6. Oh, my. Challenges, challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, I hope it all works out. Glad she got her shots!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Ms. Oswin and Mara we are so sorry to read all about this troubling turn of events. I hope and purr everything gets sorted out quickly. How long is the flight to Ireland and is it direct. Or will Ms. O have to be moved from one plane to another.
    Hugs
    madi and mom

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!