Thursday 24 May 2018

Getting settled

Taken on a trip to Derry back in 2008
I had another trip today. Same school again, different destination again. Tomorrow I will do another trip. Again the same school, but again a different destination. After my knock last week, it has been nice to do relatively simple jobs to ease me into the new job. 

I get to see a bit of the country as well. Which definitely helps me getting used to routes and such. Today it was Armagh's turn. I live (at the moment anyway) in County Armagh, but its capital is also called Armagh. A lovely city where the boys I had on the bus today were going to play cricket. 

Tomorrow yet another place to get to: Derry. My sister and I visited there several years ago on a holiday, but since I have the same school as today (and Tuesday and last Saturday), it is most likely to be another cricket trip. 

Another photo of Derry in 2008
For some people that might the most boring thing. But for me they are brilliant. I get to see new things, meet new people and in the end that will all help me in my new job. And as the lady in the office said: we give you all of this now to build up that confidence again and then we will slowly get you onto the bigger buses/coaches. 

For now though: I am doing fine!

7 comments:

  1. Hari Om
    Sounds good to me... yaaaaayyy cricket!!! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're glad to hear things are going well for you with the little buses. You will graduate to the big ones in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful ! You make sightseeings and you are paid for !

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're glad you're doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think I've ever watched a cricket game. I'm glad you are seeing some of the sights.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never saw cricket played except as part of a story line on Midsomer Murders. Do not understand it at all.

    ReplyDelete

Any weighty (and not so weighty) comments are welcome!